Project Concept and Design
Using our expertise we will look after the whole project, from concept to completion. This forms part of our all-inclusive package. This is how we will go about it:
- Initial discussion and consultation at your property.
- On placing of an order, a deposit will be taken. A detailed survey and further discussions with you will be undertaken by our surveyor and structural engineer.
- Production of detailed specification and drawings.
- Your signed agreement of the above.
- Planning application sent to the Local Authority and the Party Wall matters commenced.
- On acceptance of planning consent and the Party Wall Award in place, construction will then start on site on a mutually agreeable date.
- About ten weeks later, the extension will be completed. During the course of construction, three further payments will be required.
Thanks, you have done a great job!
Mr R, SW6
The work itself will involve building a new wall, approximately 2.5 metres high, on either the boundary of your and your neighbour's land, or solely on your side of the boundary. A sloping roof will then be formed with tiles to match the existing main roof.
From concept to completion
About three rooflights will be added to allow additional light into the new space. The existing side wall to the kitchen will then be knocked through and a steel frame inserted to support the new opening. The new floor will then be brought through to match the level of the existing one.
In order to individually design your new kitchen, there are various options that can be discussed. These include:
- Roof construction.
- Number of rooflights.
- Windows or French doors to the rear of kitchen.
- Location of new w.c., if required.